Information collection and storage is dependent upon the pages of the website you visit, the activities you elect to participate in and the services you elect to receive. You can visit many pages on our website without providing any information. Other pages may prompt you to provide information, such as when you register to receive our newsletter and/or news updates, request product information through our contact form or contact us through our general contact email address.
Like most websites, DXP’s website also collects information automatically and through the use of electronic tools that may be transparent to our visitors. However, such data does not identify you personally. This information may include some or all of the following items: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, including the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using and the IP address of your Internet Service Provider; the type and version of Internet browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site; the length of your visit; the specific pages, images, video or forms that you access while visiting the site; the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our site, and if applicable, the search engine that referred you and any search strings or phrases that you entered into the search engine to find this site; and demographic information concerning the country of origin of your computer and the language(s) used by it. DXP uses this information to monitor the usage of its website, assess its performance, ensure technological compatibility with your computer, and understand the relative importance of the information provided on its website. DXP also uses this data to conduct statistical analyses on visitors’ usage patterns and other aggregated data.
What we do with the information you actively submit:
When you request certain services or information from DXP, and you actively submit your Personally Identifiable Information, DXP may use that information in one or more of the following ways:
- To process, complete or otherwise act upon or respond to your request or reason for submitting that information;
- To register and/or verify you in connection with a service or feature that you are attempting to access or obtain;
- To communicate with you about your request or reason for submitting that information;
- To provide additional information to you about DXP, its products and services, or industry trends that we believe may interest you;
- To study and analyze or troubleshoot the use of the information and features available on our website; and
Unless we otherwise obtain your express permission, we will share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties only under the limited circumstances stated below:
- DXP currently uses a third party to host its website and data collected through the website, such that your Personally Identifiable Information may be accessible to the website administrators and technicians employed by this third party.
- DXP currently uses third parties to publish and distribute its newsletter. When you sign up to receive DXP’s newsletter, the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide in conjunction with that request will be shared with those third parties in order to process and comply with your request.
- Personally Identifiable Information is subject to disclosure in response to judicial or other governmental subpoenas, information requests, warrants and court orders served on DXP in accordance with their terms.
- As we continue to grow our business, we may sell our business, or buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses. Personally Identifiable Information may be disclosed in connection with such discussions or negotiations and may be transferred if DXP or its business is sold or offered for sale to another company or person(s), if a petition for relief under the United States Bankruptcy Laws is filed by or against DXP, or if DXP becomes subject to an order of appointment of a trustee or receiver.
- When you communicate with us via e-mail, we will share your correspondence, including any Personally Identifiable Information provided in the e-mail, with employees, representatives, or agents most capable of addressing your correspondence. We will retain your communication until we have done our very best to provide you with a complete and satisfactory response and may subsequently retain your communication for our records.
We do not sell Personally Identifiable Information to third parties.
All comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted, or offered to DXP in connection with your use of this website (collectively “Comments”) shall be and remain the property of DXP. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, you agree that DXP may use or disclose Comments in any manner, without restriction and without compensation to you.
Your Right to Opt out of Disclosure to Third Parties
Except where we are compelled by law to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, you have the right to choose whether we disclose it to a third party or use your Personally Identifiable Information for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally provided or subsequently authorized by you. Except where we are compelled by law to maintain it, you also have a right to choose whether we keep your Personally Identifiable Information. Please notify us using the contact information provided below if you wish to opt out of any such use. Please be aware that opting out of certain third party disclosures may prevent us from providing certain services or information that you have requested.
Access to and Managing Your Personal Information
If you have provided us with Personally Identifiable Information, you can contact us to request that we provide you with the Personally Identifiable Information we have in our records about you. We reserve the right to limit the number of times such a request can be made and to charge you for responding to such requests if this process is misused or abused.
You may contact us using the contact information provided below both to inquire about your Personally Identifiable Information, and to correct or amend such information. If you become aware that Personally Identifiable Information that we have in our records about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or incompatible with the purposes for which it was provided or subsequently authorized by you, please notify us using the contact information provided below.
Security of Information
DXP utilizes industry standard security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Personally Identifiable Information is stored.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information is restricted to DXP employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, deliver or improve upon the products and services provided through our website.
Linking to third-party web sites.
From time to time, DXP may provide links from this site to another third-party website. When you click on links on our site that take you to third-party web sites, you will be subject to the privacy policies of those third-party sites. DXP is not responsible for the actions of and content on any third-party web sites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement of any and every site you visit, whether you are linking from our site or browsing on your own.
Contact us with questions, requests or concerns:
14452 W. 3rd Avenue
Golden, CO 80403
Changes to this policy:
Copyright© 2009, DXP, a DXP company